In the 2022/2023 Champions League Group H standings, Benfica is the winner of Group H. Interestingly, the number of points, head-to-head, and Benfica’s thing difference is the same as PSG, who’s in alternate place in Group H.
Group H of the Champions League completed the sixth matchday, Thursday (3/11) early morning WIB. Paris Saint- Germain (PSG) won 2- 1 over Juventus and Benfica scored 6- 1 against Maccabi Haifa. Both brigades won at home to their separate opponents. Kylian Mbappe and Nuno Mendes scored two of PSG’s winning pretensions.
Both brigades had locked tickets to the last 16 of the Champions League after the fifth matchday. Interestingly, the points attained by Benfica and PSG are the same, namely 14 points. Launching from Squawka, this is the first time that a platoon has the same points and the same thing difference in the Champions’ League group stage!
Ada alasan unik mengapa Erik ten Hag sebal dengan anak asuhnya di Manchester United, Alejandro Garnacho. | 77577sports#77577sports #manchesterunited #eriktenhag #alenajdrogarrnacho #football pic.twitter.com/ZEBYFeWhKy
— Sportline IDN (@SportlineIDN) November 4, 2022
The difference between the two pretensions is 9. His head-to-head is also 1- 1 (score from two games). Not only that, but they also both scored 16 pretensions and conceded seven pretensions. So, the rule used is the number of down pretensions!
Champions League 2022/2023 Group Standings Regulations
- Points in head-to-head.
- Goal difference in head-to-head.
- Goals scored in head-to-head.
- If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all the head-to-head criteria above, some of the teams are still tied, all of the above head-to-head criteria are re-applied exclusively to this subset of teams.
- Goal difference in all group matches.
- Goals scored in all group matches.
- Away goals scored in all group matches.
- Win in all group matches.
- Away wins in all group matches.
- Discipline points (direct red card = 3 points; double yellow card = 3 points; single yellow card = 1 point).
- UEFA club coefficient.
Based on the discussion above, Benfica’s number of away goals is more, namely a total of nine away goals. While PSG, Mbappe cs only have six away goals. In total, there are seven tiers or levels that PSG and Benfica must pass to determine their position in the standings!
So, PSG must be willing to finish as runner- up. Of course, tough opponents are staying for the title. PSG will face the group winners in the last 16 of the Champions League. Clubs that have the eventuality to face PSG are Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Napoli, to Bayern Munich.