The German National Team blazoned the final team list that will play in the 2022 World Cup. Germany trainer Hansi Flick presents a surprise in the composition of the 26- man team. In the 2022 World Cup, Germany will contend in Group E and contend with Japan, Spain, and Costa Rica.
The German National Team has won the crown four times. Until 2018, they suffered a defeat in the first round of the World Cup. This time, Germany will make up for the defeat.
Germany leaves for Oman on Monday. In that country they will play their final warm-up game on November 16 before flying to Doha.
One of the surprises was that Film included the name of Borussia Dortmund teenager Youssoufa Moukoko. In addition, there’s Mario Goetze who also returned to the platoon after being absent for five times.
Moukoko is the youthful player to enter the 2022 World Cup Germany team. Hansi Film entered the name of the 17- time-old striker because Moukoko performed brilliantly. The reason is, Moukoko has successfully scored six pretensions in the Budesliga this season.
” Youssoufa is a fast player. We’re veritably happy to have him,” Film added.
Striker from the Werder Bremen club, Niclas Fuellkrug, also got a place. He’s indeed having an extraordinary season with his 10 pretensions scored so far. He got his chance after Timo Werner was absent due to injury.
Among the surprises Goetze’s return will really make captions in colourful media. This 30- time midfielder last scored a thing for the German National Team in 2014. Now, he’s returning to his stylish form with Eintracht Frankfurt.
” Mario Goetze was there. 2017 was his last. Mario is really happy and so are we for having him. It gives us a lot of options,” explained Film.
Piecemeal from losing Timo Werner, Germany also can’t breathe Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus due to injury.
— Germany (@DFB_Team_EN) November 10, 2022
Germany National Team Squad list for the 2022 World Cup
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona)
- Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Matthias Ginter (Freiburg)
- Antonio Ruediger (Real Madrid)
- Niklas Suele (Borussia Dortmund)
- Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund)
- Thilo Kehrer (West Ham United)
- David Raum (RB Leipzig)
- Lukas Klostermann, Armel Bella Kootchar (Southampton)
- Christian Guenter (Freiburg)
- Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City)
- Jonas Hofmann (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
- Leon Goretzka Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala, Joshua Kimmich, Thomas Mueller (all Bayern Munich)
- Julian Brandt (Borussia Dortmund)
- Mario Goetze (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Kai Havertz (Chelsea)
- Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
- Niklas Fuellkrug (Werder Bremen)
- Karim Adeyemi (Borussia Dortmund)